Patron Code of Conduct
All patrons and visitors must abide by the following behaviors while visiting this shared community space.
– Treat staff and fellow patrons with courtesy and respect.
– Treat the Library facility and grounds with care and respect.
– Treat all Library materials and furnishings with care and respect.
The library staff reserves the right to interpret this code and apply it as necessary.
Anyone who fails to obey these rules will be asked to leave the premises.
Repeat offenders may be banned from the Library.
Board Approved 04/20/22
Library patrons are welcome to borrow materials with a current Mid York Library System card and account according to the following parameters:
– New books and audiobooks circulate for 14 days
– All other books and audiobooks circulate for 21 days
– New videos circulate for 3 days
– Items not listed above circulate for 7 days
– Patrons may renew most materials up to two times online through their Mid York Library System account, or by speaking with library circulation staff members in person or over the phone.
– Patrons may contact the Mid York Library System directly to sign up to receive email notifications about their account, including but not limited to:
– Reminder notices 3 days before items are due
– Notification that requested items are available for pick-up
– Notification that items are overdue
– Patrons who owe $10 or more in fines and fees accumulated throughout the Mid York Library System must pay down these fines to under $10 before borrowing additional materials from the Hamilton Public Library.
– Each person encountering new ideas brings to each experience their own standards and perceptions. Patrons access Library materials at their own discretion. Establishing these criteria for children remains the right and responsibility of each child’s parent or legal guardian. We expect that parents or caretakers will guide exploration of Library materials.
Revised and adopted by the Hamilton Public Library Board of Trustees on 3/14/2018.
Policy Governing the Use of Library Copiers, Printers, and Fax Machines
Library patrons are welcome to use the copier and laser printer at the rate of $.20 per page (b&w), and $.50 per page (color). The printer can be reached through your portable device – ask a staff member if you need assistance with this service. Patrons may also use the fax machine to send or receive a fax at the rate of $1 per page. Individuals are welcome to use their own paper, but the fees for using library machines for copying, printing, and faxing remain the same.
By nature of their association with the Hamilton Public Library, the following groups may make copies free of charge, but should still notify library staff of the number of copies made:
– Friends of the Library
– The Village of Hamilton Historical Commission
– Madison County Reads Ahead Literacy Volunteers
Revised and adopted by the Hamilton Public Library Board of Trustees on 05/12/21
Internet Use Policy
Material Gifts Policy
Library Bill of Rights and Freedoms