Which dolls are available?
Our collection consists of Addy, Felicity, Josefina, Kirsten, Kit, Luciana, and Tenney.
Where can I borrow a doll?
The dolls are available for checkout at the Hamilton Public Library only. If the doll you want is checked out, we can place your name on a list and call you when it’s your turn. At this time, only patrons of the Hamilton Public Library can sign up to take the dolls home, electronic holds cannot be placed on the dolls, and they cannot be sent to or returned to other libraries. Children must have an adult present to check out a doll.
What is the borrowing period?
One week (7 days) with no renewals.
Are there overdue fines for late returns?
There are no overdue fines on any of our library materials!
Where do I return my doll?
Dolls must be returned to the Hamilton Public Library’s main desk.
How do I care for a doll?
Please do not:
- Cut or shampoo or color the doll’s hair (it can get frizzy and damaged).
- Wash the doll or her clothes.
- Mend her clothes or the doll.
- The doll should be returned in the same condition as received: clothes on doll, hair as neat as possible, and carefully packed and organized
What comes in an American Girl® Doll Kit?
Each kit includes:
- 1 doll
- Clothes and accessories
- The first book about the character
- A journal to record the doll’s adventures with a bit of historical info on the cover
- Carrying case
- A contents list for all items
Why a journal?
We hope that you will write a bit and draw a picture about the doll’s stay with you. Please use one page of the journal and date your entry. It will become a book about our dolls adventures.
Can I donate?
We welcome donations of like-new or used-but-in-good-condition historical American Girl® Dolls, including the characters that can no longer be purchased. Dolls received become property of the Hamilton Public Library. Please contact the library if you are interested in donating a doll. All donations are tax deductible! Legally we are prohibited from assigning a value to donated items but will be happy to provide documentation of your donation for your tax receipt.